Top Menu

Busy Week

I can't believe it's been 1 week since I last blogged! We've been quite busy.....Here's a recap (I know you want the details mom!)
  • We kicked off the week with work/school. Tyler had a recruiting event Monday night and I had a birthday party (for my new friend, Kate) at her apartment. It was really nice to meet all of her friends and enjoy a delicious meal...Thanks Kate!
  • Tuesday, Tyler had another recruiting event and I ended up using the time to get caught up on odds and ends and head to the gym. Wednesday, we enjoyed a nice meal at home (stuffed peppers...delicious!) and just relaxed.
  • Thursday was another hectic day but concluded with Happy Hour for the b-school. It was my first Happy Hour and it was great! Tyler is in the Health Care Club and was assigned to manage a table at the event. The Health care Club came up with some hysterical games....Flip Cup with urinal sample cups, sex ed trivia, operation, and a push-up challenge. Tyler was responsible for working the push-up table and it provided us with endless entertainment. One guy did 180 push-ups without stopping (he was in the military)!
  • Friday rolled around and we had a fun dinner out at a place called Rack & Soul. One of Tyler's friends from Triage gave us a gift certificate for our wedding. It was really fun to try this southern place...Thanks Lorenzo!
  • Tyler left at 6:15 am to head to Philly for a rugby tournament. My parting words at 6:15am were "don't forget the insurance card!" I managed to sleep for another few hours and then headed for a nice run along the Hudson. I then walked to Central Park to meet my friend Maggie for a walk around the park. It was really nice to get caught up since we didn't see each other much at the happy hour. I then ran errands, relaxed, and met my friend Ali for a really fun dinner out!
  • Sunday, I paid bills, did some online shopping, figured out a meal schedule for the week (yes, I'm a huge nerd!), and then ran errands. I wanted to cook a hearty meal for Tyler for when he got home...I figured after a day of rugby he'd be starving! See below for the recipe.
Dinner Tonight:

*Balsamic Glazed Flank Steak
  • ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 teaspoon dark brown sugar
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 lb. flank steak
  • salt and pepper
I modified the recipe since we don't have a grill. Here's how to make the steak:

1. Combine first four ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Add steak, turn to coat; marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
2. Turn oven on to Broil.
3. Broil steak for 15 minutes or until steak is slightly pink.
4. Let stand, covered loosely with foil for 10 minutes, before cutting in thin strips against the grain.

*Boursin Cheese Potatoes
This is one of my favorite recipes!
1. Preheat oven at 400 degrees. Thinly cut the red potatoes. In a 7x10 baking dish, take half the potatoes and place them in the dish.
2. In a small sauce pan, stir heavy cream, minced garlic, diced shallot, and boursin cheese. Stir until the mixture is creamy. Be careful not to burn the mixture.
3. Pour half the cream mixture over the potatoes.
4. Layer the remaining potatoes on top of the creamy potatoes. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper (it's what you prefer). Next, pour the remaining creamy mixture over the potatoes.
5. Bake potatoes for approximately 30 minutes or until golden on top. Let potatoes sit 5-10 minutes before stirring.

*Sauteed Asparagus
  • 1 bunch asparagus
  • 1 tablespoon of olive oil
  • salt and pepper
1. In a medium frying pan, place all ingredients and mix until asparagus is tender.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top to serve.
Link

Post a Comment

Designed by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates